Monday, October 18, 2010

BREATHE

3. to pause, as for breath; take rest





Ten year old A finished her fall production Saturday evening and I feel like I can finally breathe for a bit.  This is the first time she's done a fall production - normally her ballet school has only a spring recital.  She absolutely adored being in The Little Engine that Could (what ten year old girl wouldn't want to be Tinker Belle?), but I'm personally happy for a bit of a breather.  Happily, the end of A's production coincided with a week off from choir practice for B, leaving us with a Sunday completely free of obligations.  So how do I fill a day free of obligations?  With blessings instead of duties:

I slept in until 8:30ish, 
my husband ran out to buy me a pumpkin chocolate chip bagel for breakfast, 
the sermon really touched a nerve and illuminate a lesson I've been puzzling over, 
I enjoyed a lunch made by my husband, 
our family spent an afternoon at the pumpkin patch and 
enjoyed an evening with our nephew.

Not bad.  Not bad at all.  In fact, it was like a breath of fresh air.  Now I feel like fall break can truly begin.



No comments: